The Government of Assam recognizes the requirement for an effective and efficient institutional mechanism to ensure timely clearance of projects and therefore lays down following structure to meet the policy goals.
|Chief Minister, Assam||Chairman|
|Minister of Planning & Development||Member|
|Minister of Industires, Power||Member|
|Minister Health, Urban developmen||Member|
|Minister Guwahati Development Departmrnt||Member|
|Commissioner & Secretary P&D (PPP)||Member Convenor|
Minister of the line Department to which the project belongs will be co-opted as Member of the apex authority. Besides, Chief Executive Member of the Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council, NC Hills Autonomous Council, Bodoland Territorial Council, as the case may be, will be co-opted as member of the Apex Authority for the projects requiring the involvement of these Councils.
Powers & Functions
Apex Authority will grant in principle approval for all projects proposed to be developed in PPP mode. Further, all PPP Projects having investment or where value of underlying assets exceeds Rs. 100 Crore will require investment approval and approval for developer from the Apex authority.
Empowered Committee for PPP
|Additional Chief Secretary P&D||Member|
|Senior most officer of the Finance Department by whatever designation called||Member|
|Principal Secretary, Revenue Department||Member|
|Commissioner and Secretary Forest Department||Member|
|Secretary Legislative Department||Member|
|Commissioner & Secretary of the line Department to which the project belongs||Member|
|Commissioner & Secretary P&D i/c PPP Cell||Member Convenor|
Besides, Principal Secretary of the Karbi Anglong Autonomous Council, NC Hills Autonomous Council, Bodoland Territorial Council, as the case may be,will be co-opted as member for the projects requiring the involvement of these Councils. Empowered Committee on PPP will be free to co-opt members from other Departments as and when considered necessary.
Responsibilities, Powers & Functions of Empowered Committee for PPP
The Empowered Committee on PPP shall be the nodal agency to achieve the policy goals and co-ordinate with various authorities of the State and Central Government to facilitate private sector investment in developing infrastructure through PPP mode.
The Powers and Functions of the Empowered Committee on PPP would include:
- Prepare and seek the approval for the shelf of projects to be developed through PPP mode.
- Sanction, authorize expenditure by Departments for PPP projects
- Adopt, develop Model Concession Agreements for various sectors
- Recommend projects for Viability Gap Funding to Government of India.
- Deliberate and recommend to Apex Authority the final bids for approval of the projects involving investment above Rs. 100 Crores.
- Deliberate and recommend to Apex Authority any special grants and concessions for ensuring financial viability of the project.
- Review and monitor PPP Projects during implementation, execution, operation and management.
- Sanction PPP Projects, approval of developer selected through competitive biding and approval of concession agreements for PPP projects involving investment or where value of underlying assets is upto Rs.100 Crores.
- Settle disputes between the parties.
- Sanction fund out of Project Development fund for undertaking project development activities.